Please see important notice regarding volunteers below.
ATTENTION: Volunteers Needed for Upcoming Casino! We are less than two weeks away and short 10 volunteers.
Did you know that Evergreen School Parent Advisory Council has raised over $140,000 since the school opened? We expect to raise over $60,000 by volunteering for our upcoming casino on November 1 and 2, but need your help to fill volunteer roles!!
Our casino funds have paid for our school playground and naturalization area, artists-in-residence to teach their talents at the school, books for the learning commons, computers, iPads, cameras and other electronics used by students in the classroom, and a new set of handbells for our music program.
We are lucky enough to volunteer at a casino every 21 months or so, and may lose this valuable fundraiser if we are unable to staff the upcoming event.
- No experience required!!
- It's FUN!!
- It's easy!!
- Meals, snacks, refreshments provided.
- Do not need a criminal records check through the school.
- Can ask friends, neighbours, the grandparents.
- Get a babysitter and make it a date-night!
- The shifts may be awkward hours, but remember this is only once in a two year period and provides a huge benefit to the children attending the school.
If you would like to sign up for a shift at our casino please visit www.volunteersignup.org/QJ4MD or email email@example.com
The election results came in last night! Check out this link http://www.cbc.ca/includes/federalelection/dashboard/index.html. Answer the questions below.
1. Who is our new Prime Minister?
2. How many ridings are in Alberta?
3. How many people voted in our riding?
4. How many more voted for the winning party?
5. Which riding in AB had the largest spread between the winner and the candidate who came in second place?
6. Which riding was the tightest?
7. Which riding had the largest percent of (a) Liberal, (b) NDP, and (c) Conservative voters?
8. If you had an additional 900 votes, which riding would you put them in and why?